- Experimental third parameter added to /8slw and /8slt for checking avatar script CPU time usage.* Click for more. (Initial testing shows that a newly arrived avatar can have a large spike in script time usage before it drops down. The Orb may need further refinement to ignore this initial spike. See v13.037+ above)
- Floating text display shows script memory/CPU time usage in µs (micro-seconds).*
- UpdateDisk must be within 10m of an Orb to update it (was 20m)
- Clearer messages about why someone was attacked.
- Add/Del’ing names causes a pop-up dialog reply because many people are now using Orbs from far distances due to one Orb covering a whole region.
- Notifications now include SL Time (SLT) and link to profile.
- Updates after this one will back up and restore names 7 times faster.
- Script memory check uses decimal point numbers.
- Log records attack reason also.
- A single attack notification sent now. Not two.
- Web page shows Script Limits, Teleport properly.
- Visible/Invisible fixes.
* A simulator under ideal circumstances produces 45 frames per second ≈ 22,222µs (micro-seconds) per frame. A portion of this 22,222µs is devoted to running scripts. An avatar who has a script time of 1000µs would be using 4.5% of the simulators processing time.
PDS HomeSecurity Orb V13.036:
- Web page shows Script Limits, Teleport properly.
- Visible/Transparent minor bug fixes (/8visible)
- Visibility of floating text and texture transparency will be preserved in the scripts memory for all updates following this one.
- Turning off/on/updating the Orb obeys the Visibility state.
- If your Orb has visible floating text and invisible prim try /8visible (or /8v) a couple of times to clear it.
PDS HomeSecurity Orb V13.035:
- Removed obsolete Twitter code from VLog.
- Fixed minor bug where Script memory checks were using integer rather than float. i.e. ignoring numbers after the decimal place.
- Improved AvLimits menu to show decimal memory usage.
- VisitorLog records attack reason along with attack type.
- VisitorLog no longer sends unneeded Attack messages to Operator when Scanner>VisitIM is on. (Weapon only should send messages to the Operator about a Target being attacked when Weapon>NotifyOp is set to IM or Menu.)
- Changed Script Limit, Warning pop-up to say “Preferred <” and Script Limit, Teleport to say “Limit”
- Script Limits checks avatar’s running script count now rather than total script count. i.e. Stopped/crashed scripts are ignored.
- /8slw and /8slt now accept a third parameter for scripttime in µs (micro-seconds) per sim frame.*
The new format is: /8slw scriptmb [scriptcount] [scripttime]
- Floating text display has replaced avatar script count with avatar script time in µs (micro-seconds) per sim frame.*
- Added “script_time_warn” and “script_time_teleport” to Settings notecard. NOTE: these use decimal point seconds (not micro-seconds).
PDS HomeSecurity Orb V13.033 beta:
- Removed some debug code from Command Log script
- Changed UTC Time to SL Time for Weapon Attack messages (IM or Pop-up).
- Changed UTC Time to SL Time for Visitor Log IMs.
- Adding a name causes one notice not multiple notices. e.g. Adding an Operator causes a notice and also adds to Friends List, however only adding to Operator causes a message.
- Name backup and restoring, during updates, now 7 times faster. (yay!) This won’t show until the updates following this one.
- Settings notecard could take multiple comma delimited friend=, target=, operator= and network= values on the same line. e.g. “friend=psyke.phaeton,another.name“
- /8add[f|g|o|n] commands could take comma delimited names. e.g. /8addo psyke.phaeton,another.name
- Using comma delimited names is not recommended because sanity checking is not done. (For example; adding someone as an Operator/Friend/Guest will not remove them from Target List and vice versa, checking for duplicate names does not occur, etc.)
- You cannot delete multiple names at the same time.
- Moved Friend/Guest backup to before Target backup so that should there be a memory shortage a Target is dropped rather than a Friend/Guest.
- Added “Full” message to pop-ups when adding names but memory is full.
PDS HomeSecurity Orb v13.031 beta:
- Over time the Orb’s tasks have moved on from the simple black-list/white-list. The Orb can also remove people because of display names, script usage or avatar age. However attack messages have remained unchanged and therefore unclear. I have changed the Notify Target and Notify Operator messages to clearly state what has occurred and why.
- Since 1 Orb now covers a whole region, shouting commands to add and remove names is more common. Since the Orb only llSay‘s back (20m range) Operators past 20m get no feedback. Now the Orb llSay‘s and sends a pop-up to the Operator. These new pop-ups only apply to adding and removing names/networking.
- Changed messages regarding Avatar Age to more obviously show: less than and equal to X days old avatars are removed.
- New command: hide “Operated by: Name” in Notify Target pop-ups: /8nthop on|off
- Tidied up Weapon script to avoid duplicate messages.
- (Weapon) Notify Operator by pop-up now has a “Name (user.name)” and a link to target’s profile (shows in version 2+ based SL clients).
- Time-out now 10mins because names can take longer than 5 mins now to backup or restore.
- Will now update the first Orb to reply to it and ignore any other subsequent Orbs in range. Previously a different Orb could steal the UpdateDisk focus from an Orb during the update. Oops!
- The Orb must be within 10m of the UpdateDisk (was 20m). Updated initial float text to reflect this.
- The UpdateDisk now shows in the floating text which Orb ID is being updated as well as the particle effects.
Thanks to teqi.falta for the reports, suggestions and testing.
- Changed WordPress “Documentation” link to point to V13 documentation.
- Added /8v short-cut to the /8visible entry in v13 documentation.
- Update bulk packs at store and MarketPlace once it is clear this version is stable.
- Forum announcement.