HomeSecurity Orb Version 14.011 alpha testing
New Commands related to Avatar Script Limits:
/8slw scriptmb scriptcount scripttime scripttimecount
- SLW stands for script limits warning.
- scriptmb is the amount of script megabytes
- scriptcount is the number of scripts
- scripttime is the µs (microseconds) of script time usage.
- scripttimecount is the number of times scripttime is crossed before warning action is taken.
- The value -1 disables any parameter, the value * keeps a parameter unchanged.
An avatar who crosses these values will be sent a warning dialogue box.
/8slt scriptmb scriptcount scripttime scripttimecount
- SLT stands for script limits teleport
- The parameters are the same as for Warning above.
An avatar who crosses these limits is teleported home.
At this stage I recommend something like 500-1000 (µs) for scripttime and
10 15 for scripttimecount for /8slt.
e.g. /8slt -1 -1 1000 15
Toggles on/off an avatar script time monitor. The information is whispered in chat therefore you need to be within 10m of the Orb to see it.
Need to know:
- Targets + Visitors can hold up to 350 names. Adding names to Guests/Friends will show total percentage of reserved space used and total script memory used.
- Adding/Deleting names from Friends/Guests will causes a Dialog when the command is heard and chat when the process is complete. This is the best balance of speed, efficiency and features.
- About 1 name in 100 may be restored incorrectly during the update due to a bug in the backup process from previous betas. Any missing/incorrect names can just be added again. This won’t happen in following updates.
- Maximum Operators now 40.
- If the Orb detects that it has insufficient memory to complete its scan it will skip that scan cycle and display the amount of free memory instead. This should clear on the next scan. This is caused by SL being slow in freeing up no longer used memory that the script needs to reuse.
- Fixed bug where SLW did not work when SLT was off.
- Fixed bug where a name which was a subset of a larger name in the friends list did not make them count as a friend to the script time checker.
- Added more user friendly detail to STMon.
- Rearranged Script Limit dialog messages. Included “you might be removed” statement to the warning message.
- Attempts to use an invalid name like “username.resident” will result in it being truncated to the correct “username”
- Changed name storage from using lists to one long string.
- Changed how name listing works internally (ML 5900 clears the old list and names the new list. The lists name is no longer the first value in ML 5000, null is)
- Names backed up/restored at about 50 names a second. New method of backing up names for Updates stores names in multiple 1Kb length strings.
- Modified Op/Network list work correctly with new format, 5900 now sends list name
- Scanner and Sensor exchange data using CSV format.
- Removed Avatar Script Limits “deeded to same owner as land owner” requirement to help with testing
- Changed detected avatar status processing to conserve memory.
- Freed up operator_string in Sensor before repopulating to try and conserve memory.
Thanks to the testers
Heather Smithson, teqi.falta, Amberleigh922
Update 2012-12-27: Version 14.111alpha
- Moved the Avatar Script checking to a separate script to allow more room for name storage.
- Can store about 400 – 450 names now. Assuming SL average of 14 characters.
- Testers needed/Testing needed.
Update 2013-01-04: Version 14.114beta (minor)
- Turned off /8stmon by default
- Removed stray NULL_KEY chat when updating.
- Removed chat when adding deleting Friends/Guests. Pop-up only.
Update 2013-01-04: Version 14.115beta (major)
- Updating caused names to be restored with a space in front. This lead to all the names in the Orb being ignored. Fixed 21Sensor script.
- Added a fix to 9Backup script to remove spaces from the front of names. (which didn’t work!)
Update 2013-01-04: Version 14.116beta (major)
- Fixed the fix to 9Backup script to remove spaces from the front of names. (which did work, yay!)
Update 2013-01-10: Version 14.117 (minor)
- Visitor Log bug resulting in multiple Enters/Leaves messages and log entries. Fixed!
Update 2013-01-15: Version 14.118 (minor)
- Message “(21Sensor) *** Avatar Name (avatarname) you have 10.000000 seconds to leave this protected area. ***” normally said in chat now obeys the announce=channelnumber in notecard HomeSecurity Channels.
Update 2013-02-08: Version 14.120 (medium)
- /8tp name was reporting “(21Sensor) can’t find: -1.00000000|name” . Fixed.